The Tiffin Wagon Company, on Harrison Street in Tiffin, Ohio was founded in 1858 as Smith, Barnes and Company, manufacturing horse rakes, corn shellers, hay tenders and brick machines. Although the company expanded constructing larger quarters in 1873 that would allow the building of wagons an additional farming equipment becoming the Tiffin Agricultural Works.
Reorganized in 1899, the business was named to Tiffin Wagon Works. As city streets needed to be built and maintained, the business added dump wagons, street sprinkler wagons to their list items constructed selling their equipment mostly on the eastern section of the United States. The Street Sprinkler wagons were used to keep the daily dust down by wetting the roads of city streets.
By 1910, Tiffin would enter the auto industry building motorized trucks, buses and street equipment. In March of 1913, the business survived a great flood loosing many of it's buildings, but regained business until it's economic collapsed in the 1930's due to the depression.
|Tiffin Wagon Company, Tiffin, Ohio|
|Tiffin Motor Trucks|